An epistle is a letter of communication written to bear definite message to the reader. An epistle is meant to be read and to send specific and positive message to the readers. All the Epistles written by Apostle Paul have been of immense benefits to the Christian world.
We can therefore say that becoming an epistle in marriage implies; that such marriage has become a beacon to guide others in a proper in marital affairs. For our marriages to qualify as an epistle
- It must have been a success.
- It must have been cited by others as a positive one.
- Others are praying that their own marriage might be like yours.
- It must be full of testimony, leading others to Christ.
How then can you be an epistle in marriage?
1. Your marriage must be the type that others can learn good things from.
- GOOD COMMUNICATION
- TRUST WORTHINESS
- THE FEAR OF THE LORD
2. Your marriage should be able to overcome common challenges.
These could be any or all of below:
- FINANCIAL CHALLENGES
- BEHAVIOURAL CHALLENGES
- IMMORAL CHALLENGES/ EXTERNAL INFLUENCES.
- EXTENDED FAMILY INTERFERENCE
- BARRENNESS CHALLENGES
- HEALTH CHALLENGES
Marital relationship is a test of our individual endurance and it is only the fittest that can survive it. It is relationship for life and at every stage the participants continue to learn new thing that could improve the relationship.
The survivals in the test are the champions. There is eve ry likelihood that those who survive the marital test can make it to heaven.